I did this on FB a year ago, and looking back, almost nothing has changed! It’s like burying a space capsule, and going back years later to find out, you’re still the same person Inside, even though you may have changed on the Outside!
I changed numbers: 15 and 16- all the rest? SAME! I’d love to hear YOUR 25 important things too!
1. I’m not organized enough to remember 25 things to tell you. Thank Goodness that takes care of ONE of the 25!
2. I’m too honest. It tends to get me trouble because I think everyone’s just like me.
3. I just recently realized why I had 5 kids. I always need something to be passionate about.
4. Regarding number 3? I don’t know what I could have been thinking.
5. I work entirely too much. I should be very wealthy for the amount of time I put in, but a lot of it, is just ’cause I believe, and don’t expect.
6. When I have a friend that I consider to be ‘close,’ there’s nothing I won’t do to keep them where they want to be.
7. Things I respect the most in others, are clarity, integrity and sincerity.
8. I used to be a master at understanding people and knowing if they were real. Lately, I’m slipping, or they’ve gotten better disguises. I’m not sure…
9. I will teach classes on ‘how to make a difference,’ for free. I feel, if I can show ONE person the magic of cutting through, it’s all worth it.
10. I need to feel luxurious, without expensive things.
11. It doesn’t take a lot to make me happy. A look, a kiss, a hug can sustain me for a few days!
12. I’m half way through the list, and so far, it wasn’t that hard! It shows, once I get started, I’m ok.
13. I’m a writer first, a performer second, but I’m lucky that I get to do both.
14. Being on the air, is not what’s important to me. It’s what I’m able to say freely, that’s compelling while on the air, that matters.
15. My show, Jayne FM, is not about ego. If someone else had written it, and aired it, I’d still be pushing it. It’s about ‘change.’ I believe radio needed to ‘change.’ I’ve also but it her to bed for a while. She needed a nap.
16. I sometimes wonder why, I chose to use the name Jayne, when Jayne is really what Robin is. Was I hiding? And from who? I WAS hiding, but I came out!
17. I still suffer from “cheerleader syndrome.” Those girls did a number on me in middle school, and I wonder if most women are already over it, or if they take it out on other women in other ways.
18. Almost everything I’ve accomplished, has been done in an unconventional way. What’s scary is, I don’t even TRY to do it the normal way first.
19. Regarding number 18….I think that goes back to not having faith in most of those around me.
20. Once I have the faith, I’m yours forever!
21. I love jewel tones. Hahah! If you’re a guy, you won’t know what I’m talking about! I’d love to teach you though?
22. I was a rock n roll signer for 10 years, and then I just stopped. It was my passion. I still don’t know how I just ’stopped.’ There’s more to it, that I keep procrastinating on, as to why I let that happen.
23. When someone reaches out to you, via phone, text, email…whatever they want will be the third thing they say. 1.”Hi Robin, how are you!” 2. “How’s your family?” 3.”So anyway…what I need is….”
24. If I ask you how you are? I really want to know.
25. If you read this whole note, you are someone that I’d really like to know about too. Fair is fair.
2. Happiness in my life, whatever I am doing at the moment.
3. Good food. There is nothing better than good food(except for number 1 of course)Food enjoyed with company that appreciates it is even better.
4. Love. Enough said.
5. Grandchildren. God gave them to us to spoil and send back home to pay their parents back for all they did to us when they were growing up.
6. Blue M&Ms. Ponder the Blue ones, they are always alone and taste the best. And just what does blue taste like? Refreshing…
7. Radio. Much more than TV. I love good radio, done by myself, with a crew or someone else who does it well. Theater of the mind.
8. The fact that I am running out of 25 things about myself.
9. Cooking food on the BBQ grill. I love to do that.Brats and beans, ummmmmmm…..
10. 40 years of making music and never making anything of any consequence…
11. Oh well, you already know me….